xBrowserSync is a completely free and open source tool for syncing your bookmarks and browser data between your various browsers and devices. xBrowserSync respects your privacy and gives you complete anonymity — no sign up is required and no personal data is ever collected. It is also completely secure, your data is encrypted with military grade encryption before being synced to an open source xBrowserSync cloud service. Even if someone intercepted your data, only you can decrypt it.
xBrowserSync enriches your bookmarks with the addition of descriptions and tags, and an intuitive search interface enables you to find, modify and share bookmarks quickly and easily. Add new bookmarks simply by sharing from your favourite apps (browsers, YouTube, Spotify and any other app that shares URLs), xBrowserSync will even populate the bookmark properties for you. And don’t ever worry about losing your data thanks to the included back up and restore functionality.
For ultimate privacy, configure your very own xBrowserSync cloud service on your Linux or Windows server to sync to. The code for the xBrowserSync cloud service is open source and is easy to set up for any relatively tech savvy individual.
In order to use the mobile app you’ll need to install the xBrowserSync web extension for your desktop browser — use it to create a new sync and then access your synced data using the mobile app. The web extension fully supports your native desktop browser bookmarks, so if you already have a large hierarchy of bookmarks you’ll be able to access them on your mobile device in just a few clicks.
- Sync bookmarks securely between mobile devices and desktop browsers (syncing of additional browser data will be added in future versions).
- Absolutely free, there are no charges for using the service. Ever.
- Totally anonymous, no sign up or submission of personal data required, just install and sync.
- Encrypts your browser data client-side using military grade encryption that only you can decrypt: uses native Web Crypto API, key derivation uses PBKDF2 with 250,000 rounds of SHA-256, encryption uses AES-GCM with a random 16 byte IV and the user's random 32 char sync ID as a salt (as a comparison, LastPass' key derivation uses a similar approach but with only 100,100 rounds by default).
- Find, modify and share bookmarks quickly and easily.
- Add bookmarks by sharing from your favourite apps.
- Enrich your bookmarks with descriptions and tags.
- Back up and restore your synced data for total peace of mind.
- Run your very own xBrowserSync cloud service for syncing in complete privacy.
|Google Play:||Check if it's there|