JABtalk is a free speech communication application designed to help non-verbal children and adults communicate. Speech therapists commonly refer to JABtalk as an easy and effective augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) device. By combining personalized voice and images with an extremely simple user interface, JABtalk delivers a speech solution that is both fun to use and easy to learn. Originally designed as a communication tool for children with special needs, JABtalk has evolved into a communication tool used by special needs children, stroke patients, toddlers, speech-language pathologists, and others.
Some of JABtalk features include
- Navigation designed to be intuitive for toddlers
- Build sentences from words
- Organize words into user-defined categories for simple navigation
- Heptic feedback (vibration) when touching a word or category for immediate physical feedback
- Ability to rearrange and resize pictures
- Download unlimited number pictures from internet directly into JABtalk!
- Ability to capture pictures directly from your device’s camera
- Ability to import pictures from your device’s memory card
- Ability to record your own audio for words using your devices microphone.
- Ability to import audio files from a memory card
- Supports text-to-speech if you don’t want to record or import your own audio files
- Easy to use passcode protected administrative tools for managing words and categories
- Fullscreen mode to prevent kids from easily exiting app
- Easily backup/restore your data to preserve your changes or move your entire dataset to a different device
- Online tutorials at https://www.jabstone.com/videos
If you are using JABtalk as an AAC device for an individual with special needs (down syndrome, autism, etc...), we strongly recommend having the individual assessed by a speech-language pathologist to ensure JABtalk is the most appropriate solution for the the individual’s needs.
|Categories:||Science & Education|
|Google Play:||Check if it's there|